Thursday, July 13, 2006

    Quiet Introspection...

    I find that whenever I walk on the beach, such as this evening, I can really lose myself in the crashing of the waves on the beach. All problems seem far away, it is just you and nature. Searching for seashells has been a hobby of mine for many years. I have a big box full of the prized treasures I have unearthed. I found some very fine pieces while combing the beach this evening, though I still have to wash them and inspect them more closely. I think when I am older, that I will want to live near the ocean. The smell of the ocean air is something I always enjoy, and it is so refreshing. The combination of losing all weights of life and the salty air, allows one to almost go outside the box and think what has been, what is going on, and what the plan is down the road. The beach has held many happy memories for me, and it has also held many of the most thoughtful times of my life. I think it is important for everyone to have a place where they can go to just think, lose all cares of the world. Somewhere that no matter how you are feeling, whether it be ecstatic, depressed, or angry, that you can return to that state of normalcy which you sometimes crave. There is one thing about the beach that can be a bit of an annoyance, and that is trying to get rid of the sand off yourself. I find sand everywhere days after going to the beach, but that never deters me from going back :)

    No comments: