Saturday, August 19, 2006

    Best Game of All Time?

    After reading some very interesting points on the direction of videogame controllers, I wondered what everyone's top 5, or number 1 game of all time was? Mine would have to be the following:

    1.) Super Mario RPG
    *It had just an awesome mix of action, humor, and all the favorite characters from the Mushroom Kingdom. It was challenging, yet extremely enjoyable to play.
    2.) Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
    *It had the great graphics, gameplay, and storyline. I love all Zelda games, and this one stands out amongst all the others. I can't wait for Twilight Princess!!!
    3.) Super Mario Kart
    *It defined what a good racing game should be, having close finishes, shooting objects, and was just so much fun to play with friends.
    4.) Donkey Kong Country
    *This game is my favorite side scroller, with cool level design, great controls, and was fairly challenging.
    5.) Metroid Prime
    *This game had a steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it is really really addictive. The control scheme just made sense for the game, and really made you feel like you were wielding all of those cool beams that Samus has.

    2 comments:

    Jeremy said...

    [1] Zelda: Link's Awakeining (GB/GBC)
    The first game I beat. Just playing this game gives me goosebumps
    [2] Zelda: Wind Waker (GC)
    Although this game was a widely disapointment to many, I love it! It's fun, and the graphics are amazing.
    [3] Shenmue 1 & 2 (DC/XB)
    Probably one of the greatest games of all time. If you have not played it, go out NOW, get yourself a Dreamcast and hunt down a copy of both.
    [4] Super Mario Bros. (NES)
    I don't think there's a person on earth that can't start playing this and not smile!
    [5] Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (XB)
    One of the most addictive games ever and near the top for best games ever for the Xbox.
    [6] Full Throttle (PC)
    Honorary Number 6: I had to include this classic Lucas Arts game. Good old SCUMM engine games from the 90's. This game is just fun! Get yourself a modded Xbox and play this game!

    Marisa said...

    Given that I rarely play video games, I can't say that I've truly experienced the full plethora of gaming. But here are my top picks, anyway:

    1)Dr. Mario (NES)
    I'm the grandmaster, what can I say?
    2)Wario's Woods (NES)
    Another Dr. Mario-esque game that I love.
    3)Mario Kart (SNES)
    Before the supreme cheapness of blue shells and rampant lightning bolts, there was this version.
    4)Balloon Fight (SNES)
    My sister and I dominated this game when we were kids.
    5)World Class Track Meet (NES)
    Arguably the best use of Nintendo's power pad, and perhaps a predecessor to DDR?